Articles on this Page
- 03/11/15--04:22: _Pacnet virtualizes ...
- 04/17/15--02:39: _T-Mobile Austria vi...
- 04/28/15--09:06: _Verizon announces S...
- 05/06/15--03:11: _ARM makes NFV refer...
- 06/05/15--04:27: _OPNFV announces fir...
- 06/09/15--06:43: _Small Cell Forum an...
- 07/13/15--06:43: _Alcatel-Lucent clai...
- 07/22/15--04:09: _Vodafone Italy laun...
- 07/28/15--08:26: _Oracle updates OSS ...
- 09/07/15--07:35: _Nokia talks up telc...
- 09/11/15--02:51: _NEC and NetCracker ...
- 09/23/15--04:04: _Ericsson and Alcate...
- 10/01/15--05:41: _AT&T working with B...
- 10/13/15--03:25: _VMware takes steps ...
- 10/26/15--06:51: _Colt promises virtu...
- 12/18/15--06:26: _NEC and Intel colla...
- 01/08/16--02:45: _Openet seeks to pro...
- 03/01/16--09:32: _OPNFV releases Brah...
- 03/03/16--06:10: _Cisco boosts its vi...
- 05/11/16--03:09: _Nokia unveils virtu...
- 03/11/15--04:22: Pacnet virtualizes optical layer, adds bandwidth self-service
- 04/17/15--02:39: T-Mobile Austria virtualizes BSS, targets new data tariffs
- 04/28/15--09:06: Verizon announces SDN overhaul plans
- 05/06/15--03:11: ARM makes NFV reference platform move, virtualizes set-top box
- 06/05/15--04:27: OPNFV announces first major software release
- 07/13/15--06:43: Alcatel-Lucent claims NFV first with China Mobile
- 07/22/15--04:09: Vodafone Italy launches NFV-based VoLTE
- 07/28/15--08:26: Oracle updates OSS suite for the NFV era
- 09/07/15--07:35: Nokia talks up telco cloud offering
- 09/11/15--02:51: NEC and NetCracker complete Telefónica SDN/NFV proof of concept
- 10/01/15--05:41: AT&T working with Brocade and Cisco on NFV and SDN development
- 10/13/15--03:25: VMware takes steps to speed up NFV deployment
- 10/26/15--06:51: Colt promises virtualization made simple through new DCNet service
- 12/18/15--06:26: NEC and Intel collaborate on mobile base station virtualization
- 03/01/16--09:32: OPNFV releases Brahmaputra to take NFV to the next level
- 05/11/16--03:09: Nokia unveils virtualized OSS offering NetAct
Pan-Asian operator Pacnet has announced its work with optical infrastructure vendor Infinera to bring network virtualization technologies into the optical layer, utilising software defined networking capabilities. The introduction of SDN into Layer 1 is intended to afford customers requiring high-capacity to access high bandwidth availability on a self-service basis.
T-Mobile Austria has announced that it will be implementing a virtualized charging system solution as part of a wider virtualized BSS strategy. The solution, provided by BSS specialist Openet, will be responsible for creating personalised offers to T-Mobile Austria’s pay-as-you-go, contract, consumer and enterprise subscribers.
Verizon has confirmed publicly its plans to develop and implement a software defined networking infrastructure, working alongside Alcatel-Lucent, Cisco, Ericsson and Nokia Networks, among others.
Silicon vendor ARM has unveiled its foray into the world of NFV with the first ARM-based reference platform for the open platform for NFV (OPNFV) group. It has also announced a virtualized set-top box solution.
Linux Foundation driven open source NFV organisation OPNFV has announced the availability of the first version of its software, which it is calling Arno.
The Small Cell Forum industry group has released version 5.1 of its small cell standard, which focuses on the technical and commercial analysis of virtualization options, along with their respective costs and benefits.
Alcatel-Lucent has laid claim to a live NFV first alongside China Mobile. The kit vendor reckons it has conducted the industry’s first field trial of the virtualized-RAN.
Vodafone is the latest carrier to push ahead with rolling out a voice over LTE (VoLTE) service, with its Italian subsidiary launching the service.
Oracle Communications has released an update to its OSS suite that is designed to give CSPs the agility migrate to virtualized technologies such as NFV when they’re ready.
Finnish kit vendor Nokia is continuing to promote its nascent cloud offerings for telcos, three months after the launch of its AirFrame datacenter family of products.
Spanish telco Telefónica has announced the successful completion of an SDN/NFV proof of concept in partnership with NEC and NetCracker.
Kit vendors Ericsson and Alcatel-Lucent are to use Broadband World Forum in London’s Excel Centre to demonstrate the practicalities of SDN and virtualized functions.
AT&T is working with Cisco and Brocade, in separate joint development efforts to create more services with virtualization technologies.
VMware has announced new programmes and functions to make it quicker and easier for mobile telcos to boost their networks with network functions visualization (NFV) technology.
Colt has announced a new offering which claims to help enterprises and wholesale operators get the full benefits of virtualization at reduced cost and complexity.
Base stations could get smaller, cheaper and more powerful if a new virtualization project reaches fruition in 2016.
Irish BSS company Openet will be making its VNF Lifecycle Manager software available for free from March 2016 in a bid to promote openness and standardisation of NFV.
The Linux Foundation-inspired OPNFV Project has taken a new step closer to its ideal of network liberalisation with a new release of its software, reports BCN.
Cisco has launched a new system which aims to virtualise every conceivable network function possible for clients and take them through the painful process of digital transformation.
On the back of disappointing Q1 sales, Nokia Networks has announced the launch of the NetAct Cloud virtualized OSS solution for network management.